On 19 July 2015 at 22:34, stan <stanl-fedorau...@vfemail.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 14:07:40 -0400
> Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The DNF documentation desperately attempts to avoid actually
>> saying anything :-(. For pluginpath it says:
>>
>> List of directories that are searched for plugins to load. Plugins
>> found in any of the directories in this configuration option are
>> used. The default contains a Python version-specific path.
>>
>> The installed /etc/dnf/dnf.conf file doesn't explicitly say anything
>> about pluginpath, so it must be hard coded somewhere.
>>
>> So what the heck is the actual contents of this pluginpath config
>> setting on fedora 22? Where do I install a .py module if I'm
>> trying to write my own plugin?
>
> Maybe install a dnf plugin package.  Then run
> rpm -q --files [plugin pkg name]
> to see where it put its files?  Not an answer to your question, but
> might get you closer.

Or use "repoquery" so you don't have to install the package.

  $ repoquery -q -l python-dnf-plugins-extras-local

  [ ... snip yum deprecation warning ...]

  /etc/dnf/plugins/local.conf
  /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf-plugins/local.py
  /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf-plugins/local.pyc
  /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf-plugins/local.pyo
  /usr/share/man/man8/dnf.plugin.local.8.gz

Cheers,

Dave...

--
Dave Cross :: d...@dave.org.uk