On 08/01/15 00:15, jd1008 wrote:

> On 07/31/2015 01:21 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 07/31/15 09:16, jd1008 wrote:
>>> $ mount /sdc1
>>> FUSE exfat 1.0.1
>>> fusermount: option blkdev is privileged
>> Oh, FWIW, if you want to allow non-root users to mount exfat devices you can
>> do one potentially dangerous thing and ...
>>
>> chmod u+s /usr/sbin/mount.exfat-fuse
>>

> I do not think that is necessary.
> It has worked before in previous releases.
> Just not sure why it does not work now.

I don't know about previous releases as I can only test F22 at the moment.

I would have thought the bigger issue is being able to read/write from the
drive for all users which I've been able to do.  Are you having any problems
now in that area?  You seem to have indicated that you did.

If you don't want/can't set the sticky bit, then another option may be install
autofs and have the device automounted.

FWIW, if one did some google searching about exfat on linux they'd see that
others have asked questions about the ability of non-root users to mount
devices in the same manner.

--
If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere