On 10/16/2015 09:05 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 10/17/2015 10:12 AM, jd1008 wrote:
Have external usb 3.0 drive.
Laptop has usb 2.0 ports, and 1 eSata-II port.
In order for me to get decent I/O throughput
with this drive, I need a cable that has usb 3.0 Micro-B male
connector on one and and male eSata connector on the other.
I do not know if this will require a protocol converter or not.
I have searched Ebay for such a cable, to no avail.
If anyone has more info to shed light on this, would be
appreciated.

Is this what you need?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1802718

The USB connector needs to be the Micro-B usb3.0 connector.
The Micro-B connector is made of two connectors side by side
and each is a micro connector. See image at
https://p1.zdassets.com/hc/theme_assets/395267/200007687/beagle_man-usb30_microb.png

The external disk needs this connector on one end of the cable.