On 24.11.2015 21:41, Bob Goodwin wrote:
I just discovered that I can not use my flat bed scanner, xsane protests
"no devices available."

lsusb shows:

Bus 005 Device 007: ID 04a9:1909 Canon, Inc. CanoScan LiDE 110

I believe this has worked since installing F-23 beta originally...

The last dnf upgrade was done this morning.

I have not seen othertrouble reports here on the list/

Any suggestions appreciated,

bob

Bob,

did you try to access the scanner as root user? In earlier times, I had sometimes similar problems, and accessing the scanner as root user was a workaround.

I'm running a fully updated F23 too, and my USB scanner Canon-Lide30 still operates flawlessly:

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 04a9:220e Canon, Inc. CanoScan N1240U/LiDE 30

Joachim Backes

--

Fedora release 23 (Twenty Three)
Kernel-4.2.6-301.fc23.x86_64