On 11/29/2015 05:59 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
Thanks! I was wondering about this some more. Can I not put this tool
luksipc on a LiveCD and then compile and run it from there? Then the
actual disks would be "offline", isn't that correct?

Yes, but you don't really need to do that. You just need to unmount the filesystem you want to encrypt.

Btw, I also tried building an RPM of the tool. But I am stuck in the
step of installing in the spec file.
%install
(what do I put in here?)

Maybe:

install -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}
install -m 755 luskipc $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}/luksipc