On 01/14/2016 06:40 PM, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
I installed Fedora 23 on a Laptop a while back and I decided to use disk
encryption.  At this point I find the disk encryption to be more of a
hindrance and would like to remove it.

Am I correct that it may simply be easier to re-install the system
rather than try to remove the encryption or is there an easy way to
remove it?

You're not saying if you encrypted the whole system or no.

To remove the encryption, you'll need to reformat any encrypted partitions, which means moving your data somewhere else.

Now, if you only encrypted the /home partition and had enough space on other partitions, you could move the data away, reformat the partition /home is situated, and move the data back.

In general you'll have to reinstall.
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor