On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 20:45:49 +0100
Michael Schwendt <mschwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 11:36:48 -0700, stan wrote:
>
> > I don't see a bugzilla for this, and a search at claws-mail.org
> > doesn't turn up anything.
>
> Where exactly have you searched for what?
>
> A search for the word "next" in the list archives is successful for
> both January and February. And bugzilla traffic is forwarded to the
> list, too. Note that the developers prefer discussing issues on the
> list before filing bug reports.

Thanks for the information.  I went back to their site and found their
mailing list archives and just as you say there is a thread about this
issue. It turns out that it is a known bug when sorting descending, and
someone has already submitted a patch to fix it.

So, I just have to wait until the next revision comes out, and this
will be fixed.  In the meantime I can sort ascending.  Not as
efficient, but the behavior will be what I am used to.

I wasn't going to submit a bugzilla there, but in the fedora bugzilla.
No need now.