On 03/29/2016 07:36 PM, CLOSE Dave wrote:
If I run something like, "dnf -y install xxxx", and xxxx is already
installed, DNF gives a response like the following.

Last metadata expiration check performed 0:00:02 ago on ...
Package xxxx is already installed, skipping.
   ... (long delay, sometimes several minutes) ...
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

That is, it works but it takes an unreasonably long time to do so. How
can it be that, DNF knows the package is already installed and /still/
takes such a long time to decide that dependencies are ok? There aren't
any dependencies to resolve!

I've seen and am seeing this happening many times, but I've given up complaining about it, because I feel feedback on the numerous defects dnf has, is politically unwanted.

Ralf