On 04/10/2016 05:38 PM, David C. Mores wrote:

Anyway, the same applies to (Samsung android) phones as well.  After
plugging in my phone using a USB cable and "open device to view files",
I  browse with file explorer (Win7) to <mount/drive>/Phone/DCIM/Camera
where all my pictures are easily available.  I am sure you can do much
the same from a Linux desktop.

I have a Nook tablet. If I connect it to my Linux desktop by a cable, Linux treats it as an external drive and I can copy files to or from it just fine.