On 16-04-12 09:04:25, David Aldrich wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are running Fedora 22 (64-bit) on a powerful workstation.  At the
> login screen the GUI is slow to respond: the mouse is jerky,
> particularly when hovering over user names, and using the arrow keys
> to traverse over user names sometimes jumps two names for one key
> press.
>
> Response after login is fine.
>
> Please can anyone suggest the cause of this problem?

GDM did that on my computer (in F18?).  I use XFCE, so I switched to its
own LightDM and the problem went away.  I've seen many complaints about
recent GDM versions from people that don't even hate Gnome Shell, so some
other DM may work for you.  Note that GDM currently runs Gnome Shell, which
is pretty bulky.