I've been occasionally using a Windows 7 VM with the libvirt system for
several months now and have had no problems up to now. However recently
I've been getting error messages from Windows about the network being
"unknown" and my shared host/guest volume is unavailable. On the most
recent attempt I see:

Virtual network 'default': NAT (Inactive)

as the entry under the Network Source drop-down in Virtual Machine
Manager's "Show Hardware Details" menu.

This is most likely PEBKAC but I'd be grateful for a newbie's guide to
how this stuff should be set up without straying too far from defaults.
My goal is pretty simple: a bridged network to get shared folders with
my Fedora 23 host and Internet client access from the guest.

poc