On Thu, Jun 30, 2016, 6:21 AM Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, apparently I need to reboot this conversation :)
>
> The filesystem is not corrupted (other than what occurs during a forced
> power off). Many days, it boots and runs just fine for the whole day,
> when it does have a problem, it's not a boot but rather towards the latter
> part of the day.

Not at boot? You mean it becomes read only after being read write all day?

> So something is happening that as far as I can tell is not captured in the
> journal and once it occurs it's not possible to get to a VT or ssh in in
> order to discover the problem. The picture I posted is more likely the
> result of whatever is going on so it's not terribly helpful either.

The filesystem going read only means it became confused and is stopping
writes to hopefully avoid corrupting the filesystem.

If the revert to read only happens well after boot, rather than failure to
remount read write during boot, login remotely and monitor with 'journalctl
-f' chances are that remote machine will capture the central events just as
it goes read only and before whatever else kills sshd preventing you from
remotely logging in after the fact.

Chris Murphy