On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 17:47:07 +0000 (UTC)
Beartooth <bearto...@comcast.net> wrote:

>       OK. I didn't have that app, but dnf installed it. However,
> neither info gnome-tweak-tool nor "man:gnome-tweak-tool" in Konqueror
> gives anything about using it.
>
>       I tried the command line (twice):
>
> [btth@localhost ~]$ gnome-tweak-tool &

Why are you running it in the background?

I think that you have to have the gnome environment installed when you
invoke this. It is looking for gnome-shell, not finding it on your
system, and thus failing.

So, install the gnome group, then open a terminal in X, and start
gnome-tweak-tool from that terminal.  When I did that, a window came up
that allowed adjustments. The package doesn't contain any other
documentation, but the gui looked self-explanatory.