On 09/14/16 23:39, François Patte wrote:
> Thanks for answering. No errors in the log file. I tried to load the
> nvidia module using modprobe and the answer was the same: FATAL module
> nvidia not found (while it is in the right directory)....
>
> So I run depmod -a and the problem is solved, but this does not explain
> why akmod did not run (or failed to run) depmod after building the module.

In addition to what others have said, make sure you have both
akmods-shutdown.service and
akmods.service enabled.  I've found that having both enabled will catch
improperly
installed kmods.

The one thing to realize is that, unfortunately, you don't get an indication
they are
running either at boot time or shutdown time.  So, you may think you have have
a hung
system when they are doing their work.

--
You're Welcome Zachary Quinto