On 09/16/2016 12:10 AM, Stephen Davies wrote:
I take it from your comment that CPAN puts things into /usr/local.

Yes.

Can I just blow away all things PERL in /usr/local and then install any
modules that go missing using dnf?

Assuming the module is packaged, you can do, for example:
dnf install 'perl(Unix::Syslog)'
If the module is not packaged, you can use 'cpanspec' to generate rpms that you can install. I used that extensively for a library system I installed. Some of the spec files I had to edit a bit before they would work and you have to package the dependencies first, but I managed to package all the requirements successfully.