On 10/10/2016 02:59 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
I've run into a problem with my Dell Inspiron where the screen blanks
every second, unless I'm typing or moving the mouse. Spinning the
mouse around the screen will keep the screen lit, while typing will
blank between keystrokes, and I'm a fair 70 wpm typist.

This ia Fedora 23 64 bit installation, and I've seen the problem on
all three of the current kernel installs,

I regularly see something *somewhat* similar on my Lenovo T530. Specifically, after running for a couple of days, it begins blanking the screen after a reliable 15 seconds of inactivity.

At first, I thought this might be a hardware issue with the lid/on-off switch, since I do close the lid when I'm away from the system. However, I don't see this in Windows 10 on this dual-boot laptop.

Interestingly, when the screen returns from black after I touch a key, it often returns to a different window (e.g., I was reading mail in Thunderbird when it blanked, but Chrome appears when it lights back up). AND, after a second or two, the screen switches back to the original window (e.g., t-bird). This tends to suggest something X-related.

--
Tim Evans                       |5 Chestnut Court
443-394-3864                    |Owings Mills, MD 21117