On 10/14/16 04:11, François Patte wrote:
Bonjour,

I have just installed googleearth (stable current) from an rpm
downloaded from google-earth site.

It seems to work, but if I ask for a location, it always zooms at the
same place: somewhere in the atlantic ocean south of Africa, south of
the Ivory coast.

Is it a bug? Is there something to configure?

Thank you.

If you haven't already noticed, that corresponds to the point defined by

0 deg Latitude, 0 deg Longitude.  Google 'Null Island" for some laughs.

So it would seem that your instance of Googleearth is dropping zeroes

instead of the correct lat and lon for a geographic place.

Sorry, that's the limit of my diagnostic skills

--
        David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
        d...@datix.us         www.datix.us