On Tue, 2016-11-22 at 15:02 -0700, jd1008 wrote:
> Well, I don't know.
> When I ask ktorrent to quit, it OUGHT to mean cease and desist (i.e.
> stop) all operations.
> If that is NOT what it does, then it is a flaw.

You still haven't said *how* you were attempting to quit the program.

The little X in the corner of a program window simply *closes* that
interface.  Some programs *may* quit, as well, since working with that
interface was the sole purpose of the program.  Other programs do not.
They're not meant to.  You're only closing the interface, not stopping
them.

Various file-sharing programs work that way (the interface is
independent of the background tasks), some media players work that way,
too.  Download managers built into web browsers work that way, you can
close them if you don't want to watch the progress of file transfers,
and the files will continue to download.

*YOU* need to learn how particular software works.  It wasn't hard for
me to figure out how a torrent software program did that, it only took
me a moment to tell that the interface merely went away if closed.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages

Linux servers are always being dæmonised...