After upgrading to Fedora 25, the fingerprint reader no longer gets activated.

The laptop boots to lightdm, which merely prompts for my password, without activating the fingerprint reader.

Additionally, starting virt-manager to access my virtual machines no longer activates the fingerprint reader either, but only prompts for the password.

I reran fprintd-enroll without any issues. fprintd-enroll activated the fingerprint reader, and did its usual thing. But the fingerprint scanner is still not being used for authentication.