On 12/04/2016 06:20 PM, jd1008 wrote:
I dont know who wrote the above comment starting with "Really?", but
the responder obviously has not tried to write an iso file to blank media
using dd. I advise the responder to try it for him/her self.

If you followed the quotes or the email thread, you would see that was me. I've been using Linux for nearly twenty years now and no, I haven't tried using dd to write an optical disk. I would not expect it work and it shouldn't work. The correct way to do it is to use a program like cdrecord or wodim. If you must use dd, then I guess you'll just have to keep using an old Linux version where for some reason it worked.