On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 07:02:28 +1100
Stephen Morris wrote:

> Given
> that both the CIFS and NFS mount points are being mounted in parallel it
> is now potentially looking like SYSTEMD is problematic in its ability to
> handle those mounts in parallel properly.

Nah, it isn't parallel mounting, it is systemd having absolutely no
idea what "up" means for networking. I find network mounts are totally
random on all systemd based systems, and I've taken to saying "noauto" in
all network mount options and putting stuff like this in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

/bin/bash -c 'sleep 25 ; mount -t nfs -a' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &