On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Porfirio Andrés Páiz Carrasco <
porfiriop...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> Hi,
>
> > I have the following situation:
> >
> > Laptop Lenovo T540p, attached to external monitor LG, and running
> > Fedora25 with Mate desktop.
> >
> I'm using a desktop with only one monitor.
> >
> > After the recent upgrade from 24 to 25, after I press the combination
> > for screen lock, the current monitor is being locked properly (blue
> > background with the unlock dialogue). However, the other monitor is
> > still showing its desktop. For example:
>
> After upgrading from Fedora 24 to 25, when the screen goes dark and
> then locked after 5 minutes of inactivity I'm still able to see the
> program that was in the forefront and how it refresh its normal
> activities as if the screen were not locked, then if I move the mouse
> or press any key the unlock dialogue appears.
>
> > On the external monitor I have a browser window, on the laptop monitor
> > I have a chat client. The 'active' monitor is the external one (active
> > means showing the active application). I press the lock keyboard
> > combination, the external monitor is locked, but the laptop screen
> > still shows the chat client. I can not click in it, it does not
> > refresh (showing new messages), but it's still visible. If I press ESC
> > several times, the "not locked" screen is refreshed and shows the
> > unlock.
> >
> > Is this a known issue, can someone reproduce it?
> >
> I'm facing the same behavior in my Fedora 25 Mate Desktop upgraded
> from Fedora 24 running on a desktop with one monitor. I'm not sure if
> this is a new feature or a bug.

I'm seeing the same behavior as the OP in Gnome, on F25 upgraded from F22,
on a Dell XPS13. The secondary display does not properly hide its content.
It's inaccessible to the mouse or keyboard until I type my password, but I
can see what's on it without having to login.

I found this:

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/98848/privacy-f25-screen-saver-lock-multi-monitor-fail/

which suggests the same thing happens in MATE when using the blank
screensaver, and that the maintainer is aware; but I can't find anything
suggesting that it's been reported for Gnome. Has anyone else found
anything? If not I'll report it.

Thanks,
Matt