On 02/10/17 11:59, poma wrote:

These days it seems that the entire Internet is at a party at
https://github.com,
howsoever I guess you can ask the Fedora custodians for the Fedora part.

Here are a few references about Realtek RTL8712 USB device support:
- Realtek 802.11n drivers
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/rtl819x
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/rtl819x
- "staging: refresh TODO for rtl8712"
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git/commit/drivers/staging/rtl8712/TODO?id=586add48d
- "Re: r92su: status and will it be merged anytime soon?"
https://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=138358275410975
- Jes Sorensen _at_ redhat.com talk about possible support for Realtek RTL8712
USB device by RTL8XXXu USB mac80211 Wireless LAN Driver
https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg1193475.html
"For the rtl8712 device, rtl8192su?, then potentially that could be added to
rtl8xxxu as well, but it's not a top priority on my list right now."

More on the topic you can inquire at:
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-wireless

BTW, do you need directions on how to manage r92su.ko with the multitude of
kernels?

Wow, that's a lot of info to digest.

Thanks to these leads, I've also discovered a new driver for my
dual antenna Rosewill USB wireless adapters, listed by lsusb as
  Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:8178 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
  RTL8192CU 802.11n WLAN Adapter

Before F25 I had obtained an updated rtl8192cu driver via
  git clone https://github.com/pvaret/rtl8192cu-fixes.git
and built it following instructions in its README file.

However, this driver also no longer works in Fedora 25 and by default the unimproved rtl8192cu version in the staging area is used.

Reading https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/rtl819x
I discovered that rtl8192cu is being replaced by rtl8xxxu.
Moreover, rtl8xxxu is included with F25, but isn't used in this case,
for reasons unknown.

Simply blacklisting rtl8192cu causes rtl8xxxu to be used instead.
The iperf3 measured bandwidth increased dramatically, from a ragged
18. Mb/s to a solid 44. Mb/s.

Apparently the wireless world is changing too fast even for Fedora to
keep up.

--
        David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
        d...@datix.us         www.datix.us