On 02/14/2017 08:49 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:
> On 02/14/2017 05:14 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> I just bought a Cyberpower UPS myself (they're doing a lot of
>> road work around me and the power's blipped several times) and I was
>> just going to start setting up nut to talk to it. While mine is not a
>> TrippLite, it does use a USB port for communications and it should be
>> similar.
>
> I have two Cyberpower UPSs, one that runs the computers and one that is
> just monitored and runs telephone base stations. I've attached diffs
> that show what I did to the supplied nut configuration files in
> /etc/ups. The name "upsmon" is just an arbitrary name I chose for UPS
> control access. It is not a login name on the system.

Yeah, mine came up just fine as well, once you sort out getting udev
to re-read its rules ("udevadm command -R") and unplug/replug the USB
cable to the UPS so the USB device's ownership and access mode changes
due to the rule (becomes group "dialout" with mode 0664).

To paraphrase the Stormtrooper at Mos Eisley in Star Wars episode IV,

        "You weren't the Robert we're looking for."

The Robert that had the Tripplite was Robert Moscowitz and I was trying
to help him a bit. Now that I have fresh experience with nut, I can
help him with more detail, should he still be watching the list.