Hi all,

I am Simon and I am blind.
I tried to boot a Fedora Workstation 25 live USB without a screen attached to a
desktop machine.
It seems the machine doesn't boot completely at least hanging while the desktop
should come up.

On the arch wiki i read something about x server and its autoconfig mode where
it detects the screen and if no screen is present it stops starting the desktop
which makes the PC hang.

According to the wayland mailing list this also happens with wayland though
wayland supports screenless booting. which needs to be specified in the wayland
adapter for gnome.

Anyone maybe knows more about that?

I thought of using Fedora on a project i have in my mind. Having a small PC
without a screen in the kitchen would be pretty interesting. navigation is done
using a keyboard and knowing where we are is done using the orca screen reader
and speakers.

Attaching a screen would be the last thing i want to do.

Greetings,
Simon

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Simon Eigeldinger
Informatik
Nebengebäude 1, OG1

Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.:      +43 5576 7101-1143
Fax:     +43 5576 7101-1149
E-Mail:  simon.eigeldin...@hohenems.at<mailto:simon.eigeldin...@hohenems.at>
Web:    www.hohenems.at<http://www.hohenems.at>

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur
für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.