On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:31:20 -0600, Lawrence E Graves wrote:

> > dnf reinstall qt5-qtquickcontrols qt5-qtbase
>
> That was simple and it worked. Although I don't understand what took
> place and why it did not load those files correctly the first time.

You had "missing" files, i.e. packages reported as installed, but their
contents gone missing for unknown reasons. Reinstalling the packages
corrected that.

Try running the follow command as root:

  rpm -Va 2>&1 | tee verify.txt

When it's done, display the file "verify.txt" and especially watch out
for "missing" files. The "man rpm" section on "VERIFY OPTIONS" tells
what the output means. If you see too many missing or damaged files,
you may want to reinstall their packages, too, and find out why you
lose files.