Ed
I previously had graphics card problems so there is quite a history of
uninstall / reinstall this and that. But each time you run dnf, it should be
checking dependencies, am I not right?

Is there a way to check whether I installed something with the -f force option?

And perhaps a way to clear out any -f flags or settings, just to make sure that
is not a cause?
Cheers
Rick