On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 03:38:51PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 15:29:13 -0400
> Temlakos wrote:
>
> > All right! Where do I get that tool?
>
> I don't think I remember the name at the moment.
> I'm pretty sure it came up first thing when I
> googled "rip blu-ray on linux".

if you're inquiring about "makemkv", as I mentioned earlier, here is
a site that tells you how to install it on Fedora Linux. Note that
I have not followed the directions on this site, so I can't vouch
for them. (right now I can't find the bookmark I had made to the place
where I got the instructions I did use.)

https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-makemkv-on-fedora-linux

One thing they don't tell you about is needing a registration key
to actually make it work.

The bookmark I seem to have lost showed where to go to get a key
for current beta versions. Dang, I'm gonna need that soon.

Or you can go to makemkv.com and buy a license. I think it's forty bucks.

Despite these obstacles, the tool works great (at least for DVD, I
haven't used it for BluRay, not having either any BluRay movies, or
a suitable drive.)

Fred
--
---- Fred Smith -- fre...@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -----------------------------