On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 03:51:48PM +0100, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 18/07/17 15:03, Ed Greshko wrote:
> >On 07/18/17 20:59, William Oliver wrote:
> >>I'm running Fedora 26 on a slightly old HP laptop using KDE.  One minor
> >>irritation is that whenever I close the lid of the laptop, the network
> >>turns off -- both wifi and wired.
>
> <snip>
>
> FWIW I'll report that I have two old HP laptops running kubuntu
> xenial. I lost all wifi on one after an update in early June and
> haven't been able to get it back.  The 3945ABG firmware isn't
> 3945 again, but BCM5788
>
> John P

do you have the network configured to be available to all users? If not,
perhaps closing the lids makes the network drop, whereas enabling that
option might prevent

I haven't seen this, so I'm only guessing,... I have my laptop set to
allow that, and it doesn't have the problem, so who knows....

--
---- Fred Smith -- fre...@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -----------------------------
                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."