Op Tue, 25 Jul 2017 15:42:32 +0200 schreef Ed Greshko <ed.gres...@greshko.com>:

On 07/25/2017 09:31 PM, Ger van Dijck wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer.

Ed Greshko wrote that he had no problems installing Skype 5.4.0.1-1 with x86_64 architecture (I believe him) when loking at the downloaded size from the Skype site
""his"" seize is 69 MB , mine 72,1 MB.

So I think the problem is the difference in the architecture : Are there two
different versions ?

Yes, there should be 2 version. One for 32 bit and one for 64bit. It seems as if their site will detect your version depending on what your browser reports to them.

So, the questions I would have are....

1.  What is the output of "uname -r" for your system.

2. How did you download? From the system you are installing? What browser are you
using?

 Hi Ed ,

output uname -r is 4.11.11-300.fc26.i686.

downloading from the system I am installing Dell Inspiron 3721 under Fedora 26 with the Firefox Browser.

--
Gemaakt met Opera's e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/