So... I did a "sudo dnf upgrade" and things seemed to do well. However, when I rebooted, it hangs on bootup with the statment "Holding until bootup processes complete" or something like that -- I'm doing this from memory. I tried with a couple of older kernels, but they also hung.

I assume that this is some transient thing associated with the upgrade. Over the years, I've had glitches appear on an upgrade and disappear on the next upgrade. Accordingly, I'd like to boot into rescue mode and see if I can upgrade again.

However, I've forgotten how to turn on wifi networking from rescue mode.

Can anybody point me to a tutorial?

Thanks,

billo