On 08/06/2017 08:48 PM, Marmorstein, Robert wrote:
I installed asterisk and dahdi from source

If, for any reason, you don't want to use the packages provided by Fedora, you should still be familiar with the integration work that the maintainer has done/is doing. Start here:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/asterisk/tree/master

The "spec" file details the build and installation process used for the rpm packages.

and they were working great, but when I reboot one of two things happens:

1. Ownership of /var/lib/asterisk and /var/run/asterisk is reset from group "asterisk" to "root".

2.  The /var/run/asterisk folder disappears completely.

The "asterisk-tmpfiles" file gets installed at /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/asterisk.conf, and instructs the system to create /run/asterisk (which is where /var/run/asterisk points, as /var/run is a symlink) at boot time. If you are building your own installation from source, you should be using this file.