On 08/08/2017 12:26 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> On 08/08/17 14:50, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> So, yes, you're using UEFI to boot. All you need to do is edit the
>> /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg file and remove the "rhgb quiet" bit and
>> reboot. You should be fine.
>>
>> Note that on your next kernel upgrade, however, the "rhgb quiet" will
>> reappear unless you edit the /etc/default/grub file and those bits from
>> the "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX" variable in there as well.
>
> +
>
> Well that seems to have achieved the desired end. I'll see what happens
> after the next kernel upgrade, hopefully it will remain.
>
> "So based on that, no it doesn't look at /etc/default/grub. However,
> grub2-mkconfig does seem to consult it. I suppose you could remove it
> from both /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg AND /etc/default/grub."
>
> I had already done that routine on "/etc/default/grub" and rhgb quiet
> was already gone from that.
>
> Anyway I rebooted and it worked as expected, the boot data shows instead
> of the egg and "f".
>
> Thanks for the help.

Glad you got it sorted out. Time will tell if that's the final fix, but
at least you have a workaround.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, AllDigital    ri...@alldigital.com -
-  "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick"  -
-     themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."       -
-                                  -- Winston Churchill              -