On 17-08-31 12:41:09, Mike Wright wrote:

How about using "env":  env PATH="new_path" chroot /some_dir

Wouldn't this preempt the passed PATH, profile, bashrc, and the dot files? If so, chroot could be defined as an alias to "env ... chroot" and thereby eliminate the problem.

Seems to work.  Note that this only changes the passed path; any
pathmunge()'ing in the chroot's startup scripts still happens.  I've
already fixed the problem inside the chroot, but I'll set this up if
I find another problematic chroot.  It should be OK to look at
/usr/bin twice if /bin -> /usr/bin and the command doesn't exist.