Tom H writes:

> 192.168.0.1 is a static IP address. DHCP is not in the picture here. I
> created bug 1509544 for this, but I am not holding any illusions, here.

Is "NetworkManager-wait-online.service" or
"systemd-networkd-wait-online.service" enabled?

If you're using "/etc/rc.d/init.d/network", have you created and
enabled a similar service?

Looks like systemd-networkd-wait-online.service is disabled by default in Fedora.

Given that there are packages that require all IP addresses to be configured, and thus declare a dependency on network-online.target, it does not seem logical for NetworkManager, if installed, to not enable this if this was, indeed, the issue.

If the packaging guidelines are for a package dependency on network- online.target, and especially if NetworkManager is installed by default – as it is, then it seems wrong not to have this enabled by default.