On 11/16/2017 12:04 PM, Ulf Volmer wrote:
On 16.11.2017 11:32, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 11/15/2017 06:13 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

I have been using yp/nis for ages, but with fc27 things stopped working?

Has anybody managed to get ypbind/nis working with fc27? If so, how?

To me, yp/nis seems to be in an untested shape and unusable in fc27.

i haven't seen an active NIS installation in real life in the last
years. You should think about switching to LDAP with or without
kerberos.
It's my home/office network ;)

That's much better tested.

Well, I haven't seen a functionally equivalent/usable/maintainable LDAP-Installation anywhere. All implementation lack somewhere ;)

Besides this, I don't accept this as excuse for maintainers shipping crap, rsp. them not doing their works - Which apparently is the case wrt. rpcbind/ypbind/ypserv/SELinux (and systemd)

Ralf