On Thu, 2017-12-28 at 07:36 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> Everyone:

[snip]
> I need advice on whether I can abandon Adobe Reader completely, and
> what
> to use instead.
>
> I use it all the time for certain PDF's that come with form fields
> that
> you fill out. Not all PDF viewers--and not the PDF viewer native to
> Firefox--support form filling. Without form filling, I have to fill
> in
> forms by hand--and my fist is a bit of a strain on anyone's eyes,
> especially those of a bureaucrat or his confidential secretary. So I
> need form filling.
>[snip]

I use Okular the most.  However, I have the same problem you have --
some forms work, and some forms do not.   Most of the time, it works
OK, but it seems that there's always some new thing in Adobe that
Okular and the others haven't caught up with, and those companies and
agencies that like to use the latest Adobe features make forms that
just don't work in linux.  I have about an 85% success rate for PDF
forms using Okular.

billo