On 01/22/2018 03:01 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 01/23/18 03:14, JD wrote:

On 01/14/2018 02:22 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 01/15/18 05:19, Ed Greshko wrote:
kernel-devel          x86_64 4.14.13-300.fc27     updates                    12
   kernel-headers        x86_64 4.14.13-300.fc27     updates
1.2 M
Note these packages are from updates.  If the laptop system hasn't been updated
one
can use....

dnf --disablerepo updates --downloadonly --downloaddir=/tmp install broadcom-wl

to get....

   kernel-devel          x86_64 4.13.9-300.fc27      fedora
11 M
   kernel-headers        x86_64 4.13.9-300.fc27      fedora
1.2 M

When doing the --downloadonly,
how do I disable the dependencies, since they are NOT crucial to networking the
fc27 machine?
I do not understand why you throw up artificial barriers to progress.  You're
going
to be downloading things to a flash drive and walk it over to the other system.
 So
it isn't as if you're going to be short on space.  Besides, "dependencies" are a
dependency for a reason.  If you ignore those and then try to install packages
whose
dependency you've ignored you are bound to run in to problems.

You spend more time raising irrelevant issues and then waiting for responses.
Unless
you are working on more than one machine, we know you now have one Wifi, the
internal
one, adapter being recognized by the system with the driver loaded.

wlp0s29f7u3: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
         ether c0:25:e9:24:89:4b  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
         RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
         RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
         TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
         TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

You're just having problems with authentication to a router in a Starbucks.
I've
already made one suggestion which you've not followed up on.  So, how about
another?
Take the machine to a different Wifi Router to where you have access and
control over it.
Here is the output of the attempt to install:

 Package             Arch   Version Repository    Size
Installing:
elfutils-libelf-devel x86_64 0.170-1.fc27 @commandline 46 k
 fakeroot            x86_64 1.22-1.fc27 @commandline 102 k
 redhat-rpm-config   noarch 67-1.fc27 @commandline  61 k
 rpm-build           x86_64 4.14.0-2.fc27 @commandline 160 k
 rpmdevtools         noarch 8.10-3.fc27 @commandline 105 k
Skipping packages with conflicts:
(add '--best --allowerasing' to command line to force their upgrade):
 akmod-wl            x86_64 6.30.223.271-14.fc27 @commandline 5.5 M
 akmod-wl            x86_64 6.30.223.271-15.fc27 @commandline 5.5 M
Skipping packages with broken dependencies:
 akmods              noarch 0.5.6-10.fc27 @commandline  23 k
 broadcom-wl         noarch 6.30.223.271-3.fc27 @commandline  24 k
 gcc                 x86_64 7.2.1-2.fc27 @commandline  21 M
 glibc-devel         x86_64 2.26-15.fc27 @commandline 985 k
 glibc-headers       x86_64 2.26-15.fc27 @commandline 500 k
 kmod-wl             x86_64 6.30.223.271-15.fc27 @commandline  23 k

Transaction Summary
Install   5 Packages
Skip      8 Packages

to see the complete output of dnf, see
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pqs7nc

Clearly I am doing something wrong, or I am simply having trouble
with dependencies.