On 01/24/2018 04:49 PM, fred roller wrote:

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3...@gmail.com <mailto:ahmadsamir3...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 24 January 2018 at 22:36, Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com
    <mailto:horsley1...@gmail.com>> wrote:
    > When the arrows first disappeared someone gave me this
    > info:
    >
    > Among the gtk3 designer's more repulsive "improvements" is the
    removal
    > of arrows from scrollbars, so when you have a very long list the
    slightest
    > touch of the scrollbar sends the contents zooming off into the
    sunset.

    > This can be fixed by creating this file:
    >
    > ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
    >
    > and sticking this magic in it:
    >
    > .scrollbar {
    > -GtkScrollbar-has-backward-stepper: 1;
    > -GtkScrollbar-has-forward-stepper: 1;
    > -GtkRange-slider-width: 15;
    > -GtkRange-stepper-size: 20;
    > }
    >
    > That worked for a while, but now the designers have apparently
    > discovered people were circumventing them and changed things
    > so this no longer works :-).

    Searching online, someone in the Linux Mint forum seems to have come
    up with a way to make this work, simply replacing ".srcollbar" with
    "*". I'd tested that briefly and it seems to work, but I don't know if
    that would have any undesirable side-effects.

    --
    Ahmad Samir

have you tried [shift]+[wheel] for horizontal scroll?

-- Fred

I just tried that in a libreoffice spreadsheet and it worked very well

Roger Wells, P.E.
leidos
221 Third St
Newport, RI 02840