Ed Greshko wrote:

>On 02/08/18 19:30, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>> I think you said that Gnome does start but KDE doesn't, so it's likely
>> that something in the KDE config is causing the problem.

> Well, unless GNOME is using Wayland?

The way I read the release notes, it is. Though there apparently is a
way to override and force it back to X. I haven't tried, mostly because
I really don't like Gnome so I avoid it.

> But, one should try creating another user and then try starting
> KDE on that new pristine account.

I've done that without any change.
--
         Dave Close, Compata, Irvine CA       +1 714 434 7359
       d...@compata.com              dhcl...@alumni.caltech.edu