On 13/2/18 8:43 am, Stephen Morris wrote:
On 13/2/18 8:05 am, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 02/13/18 04:21, Terry Barnaby wrote:
I have just noticed that most of my systems now have their Ethernet interfaces
running at 100 MBits/s half duplex rather than the expected 1GBits/s.

I think some update has caused this to happen, probably about 5 days ago (noticed something was slow). These are KDE/Plasma GUI systems but I'm not sure if this is
due to a change in KDE/Plasma, NetworkManager or something else.

The KDE/Plasma NeworkManager settings GUI interface now has an "Allow
auto-negotiation" checkbox which I don't think was there before and there is now the entry ETHTOOL_OPTS="autoneg on" in the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* file if you set it. It appears that the default setting is 100MBits/s half duplex
rather than auto negotiate...

All of my bare metal systems are KDE only.  All of them are fully update.  All of
them are running at....

         Speed: 1000Mb/s
         Duplex: Full

The "Allow auto-negotiation" box has been there for as long as I can recall.   As a matter of fact, there was (maybe still is) a bug that prevents saving configuration
changes if that box is not checked.

What are the systems connected to?  You may want to reset it?

I am using a home plug device to get ethernet access across the home electrical wires. The home plug device is provide 500 Mb/s, so having seen this thread I've checked my ethernet configuration and like Terry is saying my settings have auto negotiate unchecked and the link speed is set at 100 Mb/s and Half Duplex. I have not explicitly set that configuration but what I don't know, because I haven't really taken any notice of it as I only use this connection as a backup to wireless, is whether or not those settings have always been there. I have done any changes to the configuration since I set it up in F26.

Just further to this, on my system when the auto negotiate box is checked the link entry and the duplex entry are removed from the dialog.

regards,

Steve

regards,

Steve