On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 10:49:02 -0500
Bob Goodwin wrote:

> I wanted to try Claws-Mail but after several days of sporadic attempts
> to filter messages into my usual directories I am ready to admit defeat
> and remove Claws.

I've never found a mail client that could do filtering worth spit.

What I do is a lot more trouble, but it seems worth it in the
end: I run the dovecot IMAP server on my system, use fetchmail
to suck mail off other servers and feed it to dovecot, then
use the dovecot-sieve package to have dovecot do the filtering
at the IMAP server level.

A fair amount of trouble to setup, but once working, I can switch
email clients at will and get the exact same filtering.