On 25/03/18 02:20, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 22:18:36 +0800
Ed Greshko <ed.gres...@greshko.com> wrote:

On 03/24/18 20:59, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

Fortunately I have a serial console attached to a second computer and all the
messages
were logged there. I set it up a few years ago and I found it helpful a few
times.

None of my systems have serial ports.  Luckily, my phone has a good camera.  My
DSLR
is even better but I didn't need it.

Never tried that: netconsole - would that be an option?

"netconsole is a kernel module that sends all kernel log
  messages (i.e. dmesg) over the network to another computer,
  without involving user space (e.g. syslogd). Name "netconsole" is
  a misnomer because it's not really a "console", more like a
  remote logging service."
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Netconsole

In my experience the network is taken down before the end of the messages
so you miss some.

I also use remote logging to my server wherever available (syslogd does this).

HTH

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (fed...@eyal.emu.id.au)