Good afternoon,

In the recent thread "alternative to skype", one member commented
"Don't quote the entire email. In fact, don't quote anything at all when you
reply. On k-9 mail there's a little x button (in the default config) that I can
click to get rid of all the quotes text."
Another responded on March 25:
"No, do quote the part you are commenting on. It makes no sense to omit this.
Of course it's all there in the archives but making your readers open a browser
just to get the context of what you are talking about is poor practice. I note
that posts via HyperKitty seem to do this but don't know if that's the way it
works by default. If so it's a bug and should be fixed."
I myself have experienced what the second member said, and I agree with him.
List members respond to my posts in parts, but I have trouble knowing what
specific part of my post the member is responding to.

I agree.  I submitted fedora-infrastructure issue #6802 "HYPERKITTY does not
show what posting text is being addressed in a reply." to address this.  It can
be viewed here:
"https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/6802";.

Bill.