On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 11:11 PM, Tim via users <
users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Allegedly, on or about 11 May 2018, Łukasz Posadowski sent:
> > I have mouse sensitivity at middle, but I indeed changed
> > keyboard repeat rate in dconf. Default setting is way too slow for
> > me.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what do people use keyboard repeat for?
>
> I can't see any point in being able to repeatedly type a string of
> letters, but it's useful in cursoring around.  Maybe it's time that
> keyboard repeating was made more intelligent, and only repeats some
> (user) selected keys.  Games that make use of key repeat for sustained
> fire, for instance, could reconfigure those particular keys during the
> game, or do a raw key read (which seems more practical).

mostly backspace and delete and other non-char functions.  Prob dates back
to easier to set any key pulse as a whole than being able to distinguish
specific key strokes and combination strokes.
Pretty sure there is a whole discussion on the pros and cons for changing
the status quo on the issue.