Tim wrote:
>> I bought a recent motherboard, that uses some intel HD Graphics 630
>> (rev 04) chipset, yet X seems to be using i915 drivers as a basic
>> way of using the chipset.

Samuel Sieb:
> Isn't that the right driver?

Don't know, can't tell.  There doesn't appear to be any related
documentation installed.

> Which one would you expect to be using?

Something with a 630 in the name.

> The "915" is probably just a legacy name now.

Probably.  But I don't like playing guessing games with drivers.  The
computer should be doing the work for me.

It mostly works, but I get strange graphics corruptions, from time to
time, on pop-ups (when you hover over things).  Though I can't get it
to do it, right now, else I'd provide a demo.  Fortunately I don't need
whiz bang graphics, the monitor is only 1920 by 1080.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 4.15.17-200.fc26.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Apr 12 18:28:26 UTC 2018 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
There is no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see

Damn, I didn't mean to press *that* button!