On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 5:05 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> an update this morning and after that I register several problems:
>
> 1) delay in login session (lightdm)
> 2) delay/fail of logout/shutdown from inside gui
> 3) unable to open wifi connections from gui
>
> verified both with mate and cinnamon

I decided to update this system from f27 to f28 and all went well from the
update itself point of view.
But still the same problems like the lats updates.

>From mate I select a wifi network and then select connect I get the error
window with:

"
Connection activation failed
(1) Not authorized to control networking
"

Going into /etc/pam.d and comparing with a f27 system not already updated
(it is up to date at 06 May), I see this I don't know if can influence my
problems

system-auth-ac
old:
password    requisite     pam_pwquality.so try_first_pass local_users_only
retry=3 authtok_type=

new:
password    requisite     pam_pwquality.so try_first_pass retry=3
authtok_type=

password-auth-ac
old:
password    requisite     pam_pwquality.so try_first_pass local_users_only
retry=3 authtok_type=

new:
password    requisite     pam_pwquality.so try_first_pass retry=3
authtok_type=

BTW: with latest updates there is also a problem with audio card, not
detected any more.
>From hwinfo point of view I see this:

snd_hda_codec_hdmi: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/hdaudioC0D3
snd_hda_codec_hdmi: module = snd_hda_codec_hdmi
snd_hda_codec_generic: module = snd_hda_codec_generic
snd_hda_codec_realtek: module = snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_hda_codec_realtek: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/hdaudioC0D0

The pc is an Asus U36SD

Running alsa-info.sh  in the ouptut I see

pcilib: sysfs_read_vpd: read failed: Input/output error

and in the generated file I see

!!Soundcards recognised by ALSA
!!-----------------------------

 0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                      HDA Intel PCH at 0xdf000000 irq 34

!!PCI Soundcards installed in the system
!!--------------------------------------

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family
High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)

!!Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Subsystem ID's

00:1b.0 0403: 8086:1c20 (rev 05)
        Subsystem: 1043:1ba3

but in mate and cinnamon nothing as hardware device
Up to three days ago I could choose between analog and hdmi

Full output file here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZXEwzHM9XgOsqiUv-OF2zJ-UqbZrbGHG/view?usp=sharing

Any help on these problems?
Thanks in advance,