Tim:
>> There are programs that just don't terminate every time when I log
>> out. Various system/desktop daemons, sometimes web browsers.

Patrick O'Callaghan:
> Possibly unrelated, but I sometimes - not always - find that after
> updating (using dnf with the tracer plugin) I'm advised to restart my
> session, then on logging out and in I'm suddenly forced out again
> after a short time, usually less than a minute.

Software updates aren't part of my problem's situation.  It can do it
when I haven't done any updates since the last reboot.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 4.16.7-100.fc26.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 2 21:45:56 UTC 2018 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
There is no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see

You can't have equality AND special treatment.