Has anyone got this to work in Fedora? To be clear, split tunnelling is
when network traffic to some destinations (or for some apps) is
tunnelled over a VPN, while the rest of the traffic goes through normal
channels. I've tried messing with network namespaces, which would seem
to be the way to go, but not managed to get everything lined up so far.
All the howto's I've seen are for various flavours of Ubuntu.

I don't know about apps, namespaces might work for that but I haven't had any reason to try that yet.

However, my openvpn connection only routes the private network subnets, everything else goes over the regular network connection. The only tricky part, which I haven't tried to solve, is that you can't resolve private DNS entries from the VPN connection. This would likely be a problem with a work VPN, unless you let the work DNS resolve everything.