On 11/4/18 3:08 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 13:25:47 -0800 Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:
These definitely seem relevant.  You said it's an EFI system.  Is
/boot/efi mounted correctly?

Thanks! I would guess so, given that it worked as expected with F28 (systemd
238-9).

df -h
/dev/nvme0n1p1 vfat      952M   18M  934M   2% /boot/efi

The error opening /boot/efi is curious. Can you follow the instructions in https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-March/010004.html to enable debug logging for logind (the second part written by Lennart, not the quoted part). Reboot after those changes and try my instructions again with running journalctl before trying to hibernate.

What user are you running systemctl as?

mortal user.

Does it work if you do "sudo systemctl hibernate"? Did you try installing the pm-utils package I linked you to from koji? See if "pm-hibernate" works.

Where are you running it?  From a console or from a graphical terminal
window?

 From a CLI terminal. What is a console?

If you press CTRL-ALT-F3, you should get a text console. Pressing ALT-F2 should get you back to your graphical session. If that doesn't work, try ALT-F1 (I'm not sure if gdm always starts a new console now).